EXPOSITORY STUDY METHOD WORK SHEET
(All rights reserved)*
STEP 1. CONTEXT
1. Who is the book addressed to?
2. Who is the chapter about or is addressed to?
3. What is the historical situation?
4. What is the major subject?
5. Who is the author of the book?
6. Record any parallel references?
STEP 2. DEFINITION OF WORDS
STEP 3. INFORMATION ON NAMES, CITIES AND DATES:
STEP 4. ACTION AND RESULT
STEP 5. PRINCIPLES NOTED
STEP 6. APPLICATION OR PROPOSITIONAL STATEMENT
STEP 7. HOW? BY DOING WHAT?
STEP 8. WHY? WHY SHOULD YOU DO IT
STEP 9. YOUR OUTLINE
(You will probably like to use another sheet of paper so you will have more space for you outline.)
*(All Rights Reserved by the Author. This form may be copied freely for personal use or use in a group study, but must not be copied and sold in any form without written permission of the author) Cooper P. Abrams, III 1996.