Casting your Vote Daily
2 Chronicles 7:14 - 1 Peter 4:17
INTRODUCTION: "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"
Next Tuesday November 2, 2004 Americans are going to elect a president that will lead our country for the need four years. All election are important, but they are in the past and they had a important part in bring our nation to its present condition.
There is much at stake. Our nation for many years has been moving further and further away from the biblical principles on which is was founded and which made it the most powerful nation in the world.
At stake is the advancement of the Devil's agenda for the destruction of this country. What is at stake in our nation is the advancement of the agenda of those who have made the murder of innocent unborn children legal and socially acceptable.
At stake is the advancement of the Devil's agenda of bringing homosexually behavior to the point of being fully accepted not only in our society, but in churches as well.
At stake is the future of our children. Who are being bombarded by the those of the homosexual community who take taken over our schools, our courts, government. Yes, I did not say they were trying to take them over....they have already won these institutions.
America is fact is fact becoming the rebirth of Sodom and Gomorrah. No nation or civilization has lasted that allowed homosexuality to become at part of its society. God said He would have spared Sodom and Gomorrah if only then righteous people could be found. That shows the influence of Christians on their nation. Lot lost most of his family...and that shows the destructive influence this gross sin has even on the families of the righteous.
I encourage you to go to the polls on Tuesday and vote they way God directs us in His word to vote. Vote for those who best reflect the morality and principles of God who Created us.
But our text today has a profound message for the Christian. Our true salvation and security does not come from Washington DC. It is not dependent on who is in the White House and some political office. Yes, it is important have those in public office who are moral, decent God-fearing persons and we pray that they will be the one's who govern us....but sadly those kind of people rarely get elected. The immoral times we live in is reflected in the immoral leaders that have been elected. Our government if full of openly homosexual people.
How then does the God instruct us.
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"
B. What does that verse say will bring the blessings of God?
E. I want also to point out that when God offers us His blessings it is always because we have a need.....and He is offering to help us, to take our burden, to bless us. Further with the offer of His good blessing there is always qualifications for receiving the blessings.
2. What faith? A faith that daily lives for the Lord. A faith that produces faithfulness in our lives. A faith that gets us to church, a faith that longs to express itself in worship and thanksgiving to the Lord for all He has done for us. It is a faith that controls our mouths, that orders our steps. It is a faith that takes the God given responsibility to raise our children to love the Lord. It is a faith that rejects worldliness and worldly pursuits that rob of giving God is place in our lives.
2. How many professing Christians are in a constant war with God? Knowing what is right...yet fighting with God, trying to justify our sins and unfaithfulness.
3. How many professing Christians are miserable because there is unconfessed sin in their lives. Sin that separates us from the peace and joy of knowing God. To proud to repent as 1 John 1:9 says and admit our sins to the Lord and ask Him to remove them from us.
4. How many folks in churches are too proud to forgive others. The importance of forgiveness is clearly emphasized in the Model Prayer the Lord gave His disciples. Jesus said to forgive others their trespasses against us...just like God has forgiven the believer. He also said....if we refused, He could not forgive us. What should we forgive....what trespasses....all of them without exception.
5. What a wonderful thing it is to be as peace with others....to hold no grudges, to put aside bitterness and anguish. To have the darkness of an unforgiving spirit be removed. When we forgive, turn the matter over to the Lord...it is like a fresh summer breeze that invigorates and lifts our spirits.
2. Living by faith means being dependent on God. Being dependent on God means consulting Him daily as we live our lives. It means to involve Him moment by moment in all we do.
3. It means expressing our thanksgiving to the Lord for thanking Him constantly for His suffering and sacrifice for us. How calloused we can be....living without having a grateful heart and expressing it to the Lord.
4. How foolish we are too...in that we do not ask for God's help. We go about our business in our on self sufficiency ignoring God. This results then in God not being able to strengthen and help us.....we rob ourselves of His blessing and then cry and blame God for not helping us.....when the problem is not with God but with us.
5. What a wonderful thing it is to live praying always to God as 1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing."
2. When you see someone's face you are standing in front of them. It means you are in their presence. It means they are looking at you and you have their attention.
3. In Revelation 22: 4-5 God gives us a glimpse of the future heaven He has promised to those who believe in Him. The passage says, "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
4. It means to be able to stand unashamed in the present of God in all His righteousness and holiness.
1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
B. How many here are tired of the Devil's substitutes. How many are tired of being miserable inside, in constant conflict with ourselves and those around us.
E. If God spoke in a audible voice to you this morning. If He beckoned you to turn wholly to Him....to turn in repentance to serving Him...would you do it.
The hope of our nation will not be determined by Tuesday's election....but daily as those who profess to be Christians...."Christ Ones." Today, and everyday....vote their true hearts by how they live their lives.
Every day is Election Day for the Christian....We are electing to serve the Lord or to serve our Enemy Satan. We are casting our vote at God's polling place. That polling place is where we live. In our families, neighborhood, work place, community and yes....in our church.
The choice is living in the blessings of God....or the under the destructive curse of sin and unfaithfulness. It is a choice of honoring Jesus Christ who suffer and died for us...or living a with callous which ignores...God's love and why He wants to help us to live godly, successful, lives of peace and joy.