THE ENEMY WITHIN
by Cooper P Abrams III
Others say though man is bad, all men have a spark of good in them, all we need do into change man's environment, educate him and fan the spark. The late Norman Vince Peal was the one who made that false idea popular. Robert Schuller, the false prophet of the Crystal Cathedral, carries that false message to thousands each week on the television who he deceives and cause to believe his lies.
B. The way to determine what is good, or righteous is to ask God, who is the only source of truth. It is God who created us and He is the only source of truth. He made this earth and He tells us plainly what is good and what is bad. He wants the best for us and warns us of the consequences and result of sin.
C. What does God say through His Word the Bible? The Bible says man is born a sinner.
Romans 5:18-19 "Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."
David makes the point clearly:
D. Man (lost or saved) is tempted or led into sin from his human nature which seeks "to gratify its self." James 1:13-15
2. There are steps that lead to sin.
(b) Then the person yields to the desire, or seeks to satisfy his lust. (Now it becomes sin)
(c) The end result is death. Rom. 6:23, "The wages of sin is death"
He cannot please God, because he has denied Christ. His sins are not forgiven and he does not have the new nature.
Acts 1:5 "For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence."
1 Cor. 3:16, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
1 Cor. 6:19 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"
Acts 10:47, "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?"
3. 1 Cor. 2:10-14 "But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:10-14)
(2) The unsaved man does not have the ability to understand spiritual things of God. "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)
3. God says that the Holy Spirit is actively working in the believer's life to help him overcome sin. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13) 4. So when the temptation comes the believer should look for God's means of escape that He has promised to provided. 5. God also says, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:8-10) Therefore when we confess our sins God promises to work in helping us to overcome the sin and to "cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Certainly, God does not leave his child alone, but is there at our side, in our hearts to help us. Therefore, we do not have to sin. Yet, when we do, God helps us to grow stronger as we obey Him and mature in Christ.
2. A man have a sinful nature he receives at birth. It is the Adamic nature is inherits.
3. Sinful man can not please God being in his sin.
4. Christ can to save sinners. John 3:16
5. Once saved, a born again Christian has a new nature.He is indwelled by the Holy Spirit. This new nature is at war with the old nature.
If you liked the message and would like to see sermons regularly posted to the Bible Truth Sermons Page would you let be know? I would like to hear from you. Please click the button below. Thanks